Submit a proposal
Submit a proposal
Every year in January, BergamoScienza issues an open call for ideas for events for that year’s festival. Schools of all types and levels, institutions, associations, businesses, museums and foundations as well as individuals are encouraged to submit proposals.
You can suggest interactive Talks, Shows, Exhibitions or Workshops that adhere to the festival’s mission (see statutes).
The association wants to emphasize the following points:
- During a proposed event, the discussions and debates should be objective and informative, never degenerating into shouting matches;
- The festival’s scientific committee will make the final decision regarding the subject matter and speakers without outside interference;
- The proposal must be backed by the necessary financial resources to ensure that the BergamoScienza event is free for the public;
- The event must not be used for promoting a business or non-profit other than BergamoScienza and must be limited to the subject matter outlined in the proposal.
The proposals are accepted on a competitive basis. BergamoScienza Association’s Scientific and other relevant committees review the proposals for scientific merit, whereas the budget is evaluated by the Secretary General and the chair of the BergamoScienza Association’s board of directors.
The festival will accept only submissions of scientific and cultural value that also meet the following requirements:
- adheres to the guidelines of the BergamoScienza Association (see Manifesto);
- is original and based on sound science;
- has national and international importance;
- offers interactivity and encourages active participation;
- presents educational and inspirational benefits for both students and teachers.
Proposals for partnerships and events during the rest of the year can be sent to the association’s secretary who will forward them to the proper committee.
For more information:
+39 035 215992